I adore all of the ingredients in this summer salad but I honestly wasn’t sure how they would all taste together. Some are sweet, some are spicy and some are just a little on the bland side. I think for most people this is a good thing because they like their flavors and textures mixed but I just wasn’t sure that I would like it. I can admit it. I am kind of a bland girl.
With summer now here and having that annual feeling of wanting to eat a little bit healthier, I was excited to give this salad a try and I knew that my husband would like it. I should cut back on the cheese a little to be a more healthy but nah, I think I will leave it just the way it is!
Here is what you need to do:
Cut the kernals off of 4 fresh ears of Corn after you have cleaned them and put them into a large bowl. DO NOT COOK THE CORN! This is the super crunch in your salad so you want it to remain that way.
Rinse and halve one 10.5 ounce package of Grape Tomatoes and throw them into the bowl.
Cut your 8 ounce ball of fresh Mozzarella into bite sized chunks and put them into the bowl with your Corn and Grape Tomatoes.
Take your 10 Basil Leaves and roll them up and then slice them thinly. This is called chiffonade, just so you know! Sprinkle the Basil Chiffonade over your Corn Grape Tomatoes and Mozzarella chunks.
Chop up your two cloves of Garlic well so that the pieces are very small and add this to your bowl of ingredients and then put this bowl aside.
In a small mixing container measure 1/4 Cup of fresh Lemon Juice, 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper and mix vigorously.
Pour the dressing over your salad and gently toss until everything is well coated.
You can serve this immediately or set it aside with a cove over it. Looks divine, doesn’t it?
- 4 ears of fresh Corn
- 1 10.5 ounce package of Grape Tomatoes
- 8 ounce ball of fresh Mozzarella
- 10 large leaves of fresh Basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced Garlic
- 1/r Cup fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked Black Ground Pepper
- Cut the corn off the 4 ears of corn and place it in your large mixing bowl.
- Cut the 10.5 ounce package of Grape Tomatoes in half and place them in the bow.
- Cut the 8 ounce ball of fresh Mozzarella into bite sized pieces and place it in the bowl.
- Mince your Garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Roll your 10 large leaves of fresh Basil into a tube and cut them into strings or chiffanade and add it to your bowl with the other ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl add the ¼ Cup of fresh Lemon Juice to the bowl, ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt and ½ teaspoon freshly cracked Black Ground Pepper and mix well. Pour over your salad and serve.